Marshmu's Nonspecies Adoptable Character Design terms
These terms apply to characters sold by Marshmu on ko-fi that are marked as Nonspecies/not a closed species.
- License: You are purchasing a personal ownership license to noncommercial use of this character. Please contact me for commercial use enquiries.
- Artwork changes: You can change the character's design, but you will not edit the original artwork without my permission (I allow small hue shifts/color edits, but for anything else, dm me and I may be able to edit/draw it for you!)
- Transferring: This personal license can be resold & transferred to another party. There is only one of this character, so you cannot transfer duplicate licenses/resell multiples of the character.
- Credits: You will not claim the original artwork or original design as made by you, and will credit the art/design to me.
- Harmful use: You agree not to use the art or design for any form of illegal activity, discrimination, or activity that causes harm to another person or group of people.
- Breaking these terms may result in being barred from future sales.
- Marshmu retains rights to display the art of this character for self-promotional use under the Marshmu or Ranebopets brands, ie. via portfolio or social media.
- Marshmu retains all commercial rights to the base art (lineart/shading) and the creature concept; and may create more characters or merchandise from it, but will not re-use the exact artwork/character sold to you with its specific combination of colors, patterns, features and markings.
- Marshmu may use the creature concept as familiars, items, or species for other projects, including my ARPG, ranebopets. If the character concept you purchased was marked as non-species originally, it remains completely separate from this, and the design you bought will not be considered as part of the species, or ranebopets. However, there may be an option to opt-in the design you purchased to the species or project in this way.
- Marshmu is not responsible in any way, shape, or form for any harm that comes out of ownership, use or misuse of the design or license